Wednesday, 19 October 2016

Meet The Supplier - Gosia Weiss

Welcome back to our regular Meet The Supplier feature, this week we met up with the lovely Gosia Weiss, Make Up Artist


TLWB Blog: Tell us about your business, what services do you provide for weddings?

Gosia Weiss: I provide:
·        make up for a bride and bridal party,
·        make up for wedding guests
·        make up trials before wedding
·        make up lessons if wedding is away and bride would like to do her make up herself on the Big Day
·        make up for engagement party/photoshoots
·        brow shaping (wax) and tinting
·        brow shaping during months of preparation for wedding
·        choosing a proper skin routine starting few months before wedding


 TLWB Blog:  What's your favourite part of your job?

GW: I absolutely love wedding morning atmosphere! The happiness and excitement and this extra adrenaline which adds even more to the feeling of how special the day is.  Sometimes with a big bridal party I can have a really early start,  but I don’t mind as the positive vibes are so infectious that I feel like a part of it! And an element of surprise-when suddenly from a make up  artist I become a little helper, lacing up dresses, fitting veils, sticking false nails and fixing trains….multitasking at its best!
Another favourite would be at the time of trials when I meet my brides for the very first time to talk about their wedding, ideas and expectations regarding their make up for the Big Day. It’s a time we can try their make up and create a look that they would be happy with on the wedding day, even choosing a wedding lipstick is great fun!
I must mention one more thing, venues! Travelling to the most beautiful hotels, castles…it feels so special and it’s a great opportunity so see many places I would have never been to if it wasn’t  for weddings.




TLWB Blog:  What sets you apart from your competitors?

GW: I have always worked with people and I’m a really friendly person. I’ve been told before that I can make my clients feel at ease, they stop being stressed about their look and they feel taken care of, especially on the wedding morning as I am calm and well organised.  I’m passionate about make up and I love seeing my clients pleased.


TLWB Blog:  Do you have an unusual or funny story about your business/previous clients?

GW: It was my first wedding with 7 ladies in a bridal party so I knew it was going to be a rather busy morning. We were busy, but make up went smoothly and I was finished by 1.30pm and the ladies went off to another room to get dressed and be ready by 2.30pm, so plenty of time.
I packed up all my make up, went to the car with my suitcase, but I really wanted to see the bride ready, so I went back upstairs and when they opened the door I could see a bride and 5 bridesmaids holding dresses close to their chest and almost crying: all dresses had laces at the back and there was no one who could properly do it for them!!!
Next half an hour was spent with me lacing up 6 dresses and once I finished I was exhausted but they were all ready for 2.45pm so just 15 min late….
  


TLWB Blog:  Are you attending any wedding exhibitions in Oct-Dec 2016 or Jan - April 2017? if so, where and when?

GW: 15th of October Crowne Plaza Hotel Aberdeen Airport
6th of November Ardoe House Hotel


TLWB Blog:  Have you won any awards or accolades? what for and when? Do you have a claim to fame?

GW: I haven’t been awarded, but it happens quite often that people recognise me in public places. It’s always nice and with a shy smile they ask: are you Gosia? Make up artist?
And normally there are few options:
·        I've seen your facebook page
·        you did my friends make up for a wedding/prom/party
·        my friend booked you for her wedding next year
·        I've seen you at the wedding exhibition etc
Lots of people don’t know how to pronounce my name so it can be funny sometimes.


TLWB Blog:  Do you have a top tip(s) for couples getting married in the North East of Scotland?

GW: Before you book a make up artist have a good look at their work as everyone has their own style, so it's good to make sure you like what they do, that you like the look of previous brides and read reviews on their pages, maybe have a chat with a bride who had already her make up done?  They can give you some good tips too.
Book a trial, it will really help your day to go smoothly, you’d be confident that you will look perfect and wedding lipstick shopping can be fun too!

And remember that your face will be on most photos and your make up has to be perfect and long lasting and is as important as your dress and hair! 


Thank you so much for taking the time to get to know you Gosia