Saturday, 29 October 2016

Meet The Supplier - Haven Scent

We've had a lovely chat with Andrea from Haven Scent in Stonehaven this week...

Tell us about your business, what services do you provide for weddings?
I make hand-poured scented soy wax candles and gifts.
For weddings this can be anything from candles for centrepieces, ceremony/room decoration, favours or memory candles. I work with brides-to-be / couples to create candles to fit with their theme, colour scheme or ideas, including scents. Examples of themes I’ve worked on previously include whisky scented candles for a whisky themed wedding, festive glitter candles for a Christmas wedding, and Scottish Heather scented candles for a beautiful outdoor wedding.



What's your favourite part of your job?
Day-to-day, I enjoy developing new scents – that’s the fun part of making candles!
When it comes to weddings, I love working on all of the personal touches.

What sets you apart from your competitors?
I offer a personalised service to every couple I work with – no two weddings are the same which is why all candles are bespoke and made to order, offering a more tailored finished product than something bought ‘off the shelf’.


Do you have an unusual or funny story about your business/previous clients?
I once had two young girls at my stall looking to buy candles for a wedding for dogs! I thought they were just joking to begin with until Dad of one of the girls arrived to pay for the candles and tell me all about the plans for the ceremony and celebration they were organising for the dogs – who had been neighbours and ‘best friends’ since they were puppies! They chose 2 heart-shaped candles and left me, heading off to buy some flowers J

Are you attending any wedding exhibitions? if so, where and when?
So far, I’m booked in for YWE at the AECC in January.


Have you won any awards or accolades? what for and when? Do you have a claim to fame?
No awards/accolades … yet
Although candles / favours are a very small part of a wedding, I’m always grateful to any couple that asks me to make something for their special day.

Do you have a top tip(s) for couples getting married in the North East of Scotland?

It’s never too early to order / book. Details can always be discussed, agreed and even changed nearer the time, but if you leave it too late to get your name in the diary you might be disappointed. I hate having to say no, but without enough notice (like all other suppliers) more often than not I have to.


Thanks for letting us get to know more about you and Haven Scent, Andrea