Wednesday, 2 November 2016

Meet The Supplier - Cake That and Party

Today we're featuring the lovely Emma from Cake That and Party, I don't know about you, but she's certainly got my mouth watering...


Tell us about your business, what services do you provide for weddings?
Wedding Cakes and Favours

What's your favourite part of your job?
I'm a perfectionist, but also not very confident, so hearing from brides after the wedding telling me how delighted they were with their cake makes me feel fantastic!


What sets you apart from your competitors?
I’m definitely more reasonably priced than my competitors – I work from home, so I don't have to cover the overheads of a shop. But I also believe my charging structure is different, resulting in a more affordable cake.


Do you have an unusual or funny story about your business/previous clients?
I made a wedding cake for a client in September last year – it was a comic book styled three tier square cake, which the groom had designed. I spent around 54 hours hand drawing, and hand painting, the design onto the cake – but it looked absolutely amazing! Everyone at the wedding was stunned by it (including the bride!) but I think my favourite part was hearing that the venue had to stop people photographing the cake and sit down to eat the meal, otherwise the schedule would've been late!


Have you won any awards or accolades? what for and when? Do you have a claim to fame?
Not yet!

Do you have a top tip(s) for couples getting married in the North East of Scotland?

Don't underestimate how far in advance you might need to book your cake - I'm taking bookings for 2018 already! Also remember, it's not necessary to have a fruit wedding cake to have tiers!


thanks again for giving us a wee insight into Cake That and Party, Emma x